Benefits of undergraduate research
- Work closely with a faculty mentor, benefit from their knowledge and experience
- Increase your confidence in your understanding of the subject material and in your research skills
- Apply the knowledge you've gained in the classroom to solve real-world problems
- Clarify your interests and post-graduation goals, confirm your desire to attend graduate or professional school
- Develop communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills that will serve you well when seeking job placements or admission to graduate and professional school
Whether you are a first-year student whose only research experience is in high school lab or an upperclassman who already has some research experience, there is an undergraduate research opportunity that is the right fit for you.